All Packs, Troops and Crews can recharter on-line. This method of rechartering, because you’ll be completing the charter renewal information yourself, ensures that it will be correct, and you can do it from your home or office, anytime that it’s convenient for you. It’s a secure, easy-to-use application accessed from the Santa Fe Trail Council Web site.
Fees: Recharter Fee- $40 per unit ● Registration-$24 per person ● Boy’s Life-$12 per person
Here’s how to get started: Please read and click Recharter Unit Online Now below.
1. Select an adult to be the renewal processor for Internet Rechartering.
2. From 60 to 45 days before the unit charter expiration date, the renewal processor should gather a list of current members (youth and adults) and log onto the council Web site - www.sftcbsa.org and click on Internet Rechartering. (You can not start the process until at least 60 days before your recharter date).
3. If a registered adult has not had youth protection training, contact them immediately about taking the training online. Give them their id number along with the MyScouting.org web site and have them complete the training and give you a copy of the certificate of competition to turn it with your recharter paperwork.
4. Select First-Time User (even if you used internet rechartering last year) & enter the unit’s 2016 access code.
5. Select the unit type & enter the unit #. (include all 4 digits as shown)
6. Create a password as instructed.
7. Complete the information requested on each screen. You can stop at any time, log off the system, and begin again where you left off by reentering your access code and password.
Here’s how to wrap it up:
8. When you’ve completed all the information to recharter the unit, click the Submit button.
9. Print the Unit Charter Renewal Report Package, which includes the charter renewal application and lists of new members, transfers, multiples, and no-fee adults. Acquire the appropriate signatures on the application. An application must be turned in for members transferring to your unit and for any NEW scouts or adults not listed on your current recharter. A member can only transfer if the unit they are transferring from has a later renewal date than the unit they are joining, otherwise they will need to pay the full registration fee. All new adults REGISTERED IN ANY POSITION must have their youth protection certificate attached to their adult application.
If a Scout Parent that is listed on your original roster decides to hold a position with the unit, they must fill out an adult application. Then take the entire packet along with new applications and payment to the council office or to the district turn-in meeting.
TURN IN ALL PAGES, EVEN IF PAGE # 1 IS BLANK. DO NOT TURN IN A DRAFT COPY – DRAFT COPIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
10. If there are adults or youth in your unit that are not listed on the recharter, do not enter their information without an application! ALL NEW YOUTH AND ADULTS NEED AN APPLICATION. The council will be responsible for entering social security numbers for new adults; the entry fields for SSN will be removed from the internet rechartering.
11. Registration fee is $24 per person and Boy’s Life if $12 per person.
It is highly recommended that you go through the tutorial. It only takes a few minutes & will be very helpful.
Note: Please use Internet Explorer 9 and lower to use Internet Rechartering and Internet Advancement applications. IE 10 is not currently supported. If you are using IE10, you must change your browser settings to Compatibility Mode. To do so, once you log into the Internet Rechartering system, go to your browsers tool bar at the top of the page and select the "Tools" option. Then choose "Compatibility View